As a member of the Society for Education and Training (SET), you can now access free and confidential legal advice through Law Express as part of your membership.
Law Express provides advice on a range of problems and queries, including:
- Employment issues within the workplace.
- Commercial and company law.
- Data protection (GDPR).
- Housing (owner occupied and rented).
- Consumer issues.
- Family and relationship difficulties.
- Personal injury.
- Road traffic accidents and motoring offences.
- Small claims court proceedings.
- Pensions, tax and welfare benefit.
- Neighbour issues.
- Criminal law.
- Power of attorney, wills, probate and bereavement.
How to use the service
All Law Express advisors and call handlers are based in the UK (and cover all UK jurisdictions). When you call Law Express, a call handler will ask you some questions about the nature of your enquiry so that they can match you to the best adviser.
An experienced legal advisor who specialises in the area of law that you need will call you back, usually within two hours. If you wish to speak to an advisor straight away the call handler will do their best to help you.
Call the helpline on 01275 378 738
Call the Law Express helpline to speak to an advisor. Lines are open from 8am-8pm, Mon-Fri and 9am-12pm, Sat-Sun (GMT). Please tell the call handler that you’re a member and have your membership number to hand when you call.