More than 300 professionals from across the Further Education, Vocational and Training Sector came together to join The Society for Education and Training (SET) for an inspiring and informative conference, held at the Vox Centre in Birmingham.
With the theme of the conference, ‘Pride in Professionalism’, delegates enjoyed a day of networking, thought-provoking panel discussions and talks, along with a selection of insightful breakout sessions covering: wellbeing and resilience, digital innovation and pedagogy, SEND, inclusion and learning support, technical and vocational education and maths and English.
“We want to say a huge thank you to everyone who made our first conference such a resounding success. It was great to meet so many of our members and find out why they are so passionate about the work they do, but also why it is so important for us to continue to support them when it comes to engaging in professional learning and understanding what CPD opportunities we can offer,” says Martin Reid, Head of Membership for SET.
“One of our core aims was to provide practitioners with relevant takeaways they can use in their workplaces and to benefit their learners. We are thrilled with the positive response we heard among the delegates. We are also delighted to confirm we will be holding another conference next year and with the continued support of our members, the 2019 conference promises to be another key event in the education calendar.”
- "An excellent inaugural #SETConf18 full of essential discussions that need to continue”
- "Looks like a packed house… just arrived with my newly minted Advance Teacher Status”
- “Great use of tech to get the audience involved… brilliant session on digital technologies for education and training”
- “Why didn’t I know that ETF offered such a wide range of FREE EdTech courses?”
- “Fantastic points about FE, its purpose and being stronger together”
- “Lots of smiling faces at today’s SET Conference”
Thanks to our sponsors and exhibitors
Special thanks go to our Headline sponsor, The Skills and Education Group; Media partner, Tes, and exhibitors: For Skills, Creative Education, bksb, How2, Medical Mavericks, Teaching Entrepreneur Association, SAGE Publishing and the National Education Union.
For more information about this year's conference, and to access slides and videos from the day, please visit our conference section.