The shortlisted entries for the 2020 Tes FE Awards, at which the Education and Training Foundation is sponsoring both the Teacher of the Year and FE Leader of the Year categories, have been announced.
The ‘Teacher of the Year’ category seeks to reward an individual whose passion, knowledge and skill have inspired students to success and who have made a major contribution to educational life for the year 2018–19. Shortlisted for the award are:
- Aisleen Parker, City College Peterborough
- Peter Brown, City Lit
- Helena Good, Edinburgh College
- Mandy Gutsell, Fircroft College of Adult Education
- Neil Godfrey, Hartlepool College of Further Education
- Cheryl Hall, North Hertfordshire College
- Eleanor Turner, Strode College
- James Donkin, Sunderland College.
The ‘FE Leader of the Year’ category recognises exceptional leadership in FE in the UK for the year 2018–19. Shortlisted for the award are:
- Simon Pirotte, Bridgend College
- Mike Blakeley, Exeter College
- Cheryl Smith, FutureSKills at MediaCityUK
- Sam Parrett, London South East Colleges
- Karen Dobson, Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
- Mouhssin Ismail, Newham Collegiate Sixth Form Centre
- Jacqueline McAllister, Northern Regional College
- Lisa O’Loughlin, The Manchester College.
David Russell, Chief Executive of the Education and Training Foundation, said:
“The Tes FE Awards recognise excellence and achievement across the sector and we are pleased to support both the Teacher of the Year and FE Leader of the Year categories. The professionalism and dedication that can be seen across further education and training are inspiring and life-changing.
“Very strong individuals have been shortlisted for the Teacher of the Year and FE Leader of the Year categories and we congratulate them on being selected. Choosing winners will be far from straightforward.”
Full details of the awards, including all of the shortlisted nominees, are available on the Tes FE Awards website. The winners will now be revealed on Friday 2 October 2020 (postponed from 20 March).