Deaf Awareness Week 2019 (6-12 May), run by the UK Council on Deafness, aims to raise awareness and challenges of deafness and hearing loss faced by 1 in 6 people in the UK.
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF), and its membership body, the Society for Education and Training (SET), offers you you a range of resources to support you and help break down the barriers that people who are deaf, or have hearing loss, face in education.
If you haven’t already, please sign up to our SEND special interest digest by accessing it on your MySET dashboard. Our special interest digests are packed with the latest news, blogs, resources and tools, relevant to the subject area.
You may also be interested to look at the following list of resources, signposting to a range of resources and CPD training to help you embed skills into the support you provide.
- Stepping Up - quality standards for young deaf learners in further education.
- Take 15 minutes to watch our taster webinar video on understanding hearing loss.
- Download our Hearing Impairment Resource Guide.
- View our on-demand webinar, ‘Supporting the achievement of deaf students in further education’.
- Access the edited webchat on ‘Supporting deaf or vision impaired young people in FE’.
With a theme for the week as ‘Celebrating Role Models’, we would love to find out who inspires you in your place of work or learning. Please Tweet us at @SocietyET and include the hashtag #DAWRoleModels2019 and #SENDinFE.