The winners of the Tes FE Awards 2018, supported by the Education and Training Foundation (ETF), have been announced.
The ETF is the lead sponsor of the event, which celebrates and disseminate the very best practice and workforce development in FE to help drive teaching, training and leadership standards.
The awards, which were held on 23 February 2018 at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London and hosted by comedian Alan Davies, reward the dedication and expertise of those who continue to make a significant contribution to improving the skill levels of young people and adult learners.
A panel of 14 judges sent the past year assessing a record number of entries for the awards, now in its seventh year.
TES FE Awards 2018: the winners
- Overall FE provider of the year – Foxes Academy
- Lifetime achievement – Jill Westerman, Northern College
- Employer engagement – Stephenson College
- FE leader of the year – Lowell Williams, Dudley College of Technology
- Apprenticeship programme of the year – Busy Bees Training (Highly commended: City of Glasgow College)
- FE college of the year – Fareham College
- Training provider of the year – HIT Training
- Sixth-form college of the year – Birkenhead Sixth Form College
- Adult and community learning provider of the year – Lancashire Adult Learning
- Specialist provider of the year – Foxes Academy
- Outstanding use of technology for improving teaching, learning and assessment – Basingstoke College of Technology
- Assessor of the year – Keith Haynes, Bedford College Group
- Teacher of the year – Alison Scattergood, East Durham College
- Best teaching and learning initiative – Barking and Dagenham College
- Support for learners – Kirklees College
- Contribution to the local community – ELATT
- Professional services team of the year – Central Bedfordshire College
The ETF sponsored the following categories:
- Best teaching and learning initiative (presented by Chief Executive of the ETF, David Russell).
- FE leader of the year (presented by ETF Trustee Mark White).
- Overall FE provider of the year (presented by David Russell).
David Russell, Chief Executive of the Education and Training Foundation, said: "For the past four years, it has been my privilege to sit on the judging panel for the TES FE Awards. The judging and then the awards ceremony are highlights of my professional year. It’s truly inspiring to read of all the fantastic work being done by skilled and dedicated professionals all over the country in all FE contexts – and a great testament to the excellence which can be found across hundreds of colleges and training organisations. Congratulations to all of the nominees."
Find out more about this year’s awards on the TES website.