The Society for Education and Training (SET) is the membership body dedicated to professionals working across further education, vocational teaching and training.
We are the largest membership body in the education sector, and growing rapidly, with more than 17,000 members striving for excellence in all they do.
Striving for excellence
We help you progress your career, inspire you to be an even better education and training professional and connect you with thousands of like-minded professionals and experts.
As part of the Education and Training Foundation (ETF), we campaign to raise the status of your profession, champion the quality of teaching and training across further education, vocational teaching and training and provide you with access to the best teaching and training tools, research and expert views there are.
1) Your career
- Helping you take ownership of your career development.
- Supporting you to be an even better teacher or trainer.
- The only passport to Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status and Advanced Teacher Status (ATS).
2) Your Profession
- Making sure you get the professional recognition you deserve.
- Making sure all further education teachers and trainers get the professional recognition they deserve.
- Championing the quality of teaching and training in further education.
3) Your Community
- Be a part of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the education sector.
- Share expertise and experience with your peers.
- Access to leading teaching tools, research and expert views in further education.
Find out more about the benefits of joining SET and why 87 per cent of SET members would recommend membership to a friend.