SET LinkedIn groups
Connect with over 1,800 other professionals from the Further Education and Training sector in our SET LinkedIn Group and Student Teacher Group.
SET Facebook groups
We have two closed Facebook groups for those who are undertaking or have previously undertaken QTLS or ATS.
All of our Facebook groups are closed, which means you won’t be able to see the content or post content until you join the group. It's easy to join — you simply request on the group page. If you know someone that would also benefit from joining just send them the link to the group page — they don't need to be a SET member to join.
Ways to join
If you are worried about using your personal Facebook account for professional means, don’t worry, there are a couple of options available to you:
- Set up another Facebook account to use for work-related means. You’ll need to use a different email address to your personal account. You can then use a more professional photo and keep your profile as simple as you like
- Use your personal profile but make your profile photo set to ‘friends only’, this way when you join a group no one will be able to see you or access your profile.
SET Closed Facebook Group Rules
- Always act with professionalism – All posts and comments should be respectful and helpful. Swearing, unkind language or anything in breach of Facebook policies will be removed and group members blocked.
- All promotional and spam posts will be removed – It will be at the sole discretion of the admin as to what constitutes an advertisement. Our aim is to keep the group page spam-free – continuous posts about the same topic or publishing a link numerous times will be deleted.
- All recruitment posts will be removed – Please avoid posting job adverts, salary details or information about active job interviews or applications.
- Resources that may violate copyright laws will be removed.
- The admins reserve the right to delete any comments or posts which it considers inappropriate for the group - Any comments or posts which are flagged to admins as being offensive will be removed.
- Messages posted on SET group pages are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster – The ETF has the right to edit, delete, transfer, keep, sell or re-license posts at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to delete or amend any materials that, in the admins’ reasonable opinion, are likely to fall foul of the law.
- Consider child and data protection – Do not share children's work or faces without permission and be mindful of the amount of identifying information you include in your posts. Any posts or comments that break this rule will be removed.
- Do not give out personal details. – If other members get in touch with you and you aren’t sure about the content of the message, please alert the admins by sending a private message or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To use quotes from the group in any press or marketing coverage, we ask that you contact those you wish to quote to ask for permission first.
- Anyone seen to violate the above rules may be removed from the group without contact.