Teaching and training staff at Barnsley College have been welcomed as members of the Society for Education and Training (SET) thanks to a new Corporate Partnership.
The partnership marks an exciting collaboration between the organisations offering a valuable range of professional development opportunities for college staff.
Announcing the partnership, Yiannis Koursis, Principal and Chief Executive Officer of Barnsley College, said: "We are proud to have become a Corporate Partner of the Society for Education and Training, which is very much aligned with our strategic vision of transforming lives. The investment we make in SET supports the development of our teaching staff to deliver the highest quality provision for our students, supporting their aspirations to reach their full potential and benefiting our local communities.”
Martin Reid, Director of SET, said: "Everyone at SET is delighted to welcome Barnsley College as a Society for Education and Training Corporate Partner. This announcement signals the College’s commitment to high-quality development for its staff and teaching for its students.
“Our partnership provides Barnsley College’s teaching staff with access to a host of expertise and resources as well as CPD opportunities including enabling them to study for both Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status and Advanced Teacher Status (ATS). We look forward to supporting our new members in striving for excellence in their professional journey.”
As SET members, Barnsley College staff will enjoy benefits including:
- the opportunity to study for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) and Advanced Teacher Status (ATS). SET is the only passport to achieving both QTLS and ATS
- access to resources, training and teaching tools, research and expert views in further education
- access to SET’s online research library
- being part of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the further education sector, with opportunities to share expertise and experience with their peers
- receiving copies of inTuition, the leading journal for practitioners working across further education, vocational teaching and training
- entitlement to use SET’s membership grade designations after their names: Associate member (ASET), Member (MSET), or Fellow member (FSET), depending on the level of their teaching qualifications.
The Society for Education and Training, part of the Education and Training Foundation (ETF), is the only professional membership body dedicated to teachers and trainers working in Further Education (FE).