As part of the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) funded Outstanding Teaching, Learning and Assessment (OTLA) Technical Skills National Programme, the Association of Colleges (AoC) is running 10 CPD sessions* and a national conference on the outcomes of the programme.
*A discount is available to SET members who pay £85 per CPD session (usual fee for non-members is £100).
Since March 2017, the Association of College (AoC), in partnership with emfec, has been managing development projects lead by post-16 training providers across the sector.
The aim of the programme is to work towards outstanding provision for all students on technical routes. A range of CPD sessions have been developed based on the outcomes of the projects where practitioners are invited to enhance their skills and gain insight into innovative ways of working in teaching, learning and assessment in vocational education.
The CPD sessions are running from February to April 2018 across England. Sessions include:
- Making maths matter - 27 February, Sheffield.
- Experiential Learning and Problem Based Learning in Engineering - 27 February, Bristol.
- Revolutionising curriculum to meet future employer needs - 2 March, Manchester.
- Enhanced teaching, learning and assessment in Hair and Beauty - 5 March, Birmingham and 19 March, London.
- Integrating Industry Experts into curriculum delivery - 2 March, York and 16 March, London.
- Problem Based Learning and Employer Responsive Excellence - 27 March, London.
- Professional excellence in Hospitality, 27 April, Birmingham.
To view all the agendas and book your place on the CPD sessions please visit the AoC website.
OTLA Technical Skills National Conference – 20 March 2018, London
The AoC is also holding a national conference to share the learnings of the programme. The agenda will include:
- how providers can take the learning forward and build on what has been learnt
- a diverse panel discussing technical education
- breakout sessions looking at themes that have emerged from the 21 development projects and how their projects are transferable into the sector and different provider settings.
View the agenda and book your place now.