Across Tuesday 20 November and Wednesday 21 November 2018, the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) will be supporting the Association of Colleges (AoC) Annual Conference at the ICC Birmingham.
During the two-day conference, leaders from the Further Education and Training sector will examine how colleges are the engines of economic success, social prosperity and personal wellbeing in their local communities, and nationally. Attendees will be able to listen to key ETF staff give talks, address the college governors’ lunch, and host breakout sessions. There is also the opportunity to talk to staff members at ETF’s exhibition stand (stand 50).
ETF is hosting the 2.9 Strand Two breakout session, on 20 November, with Sir Frank McLoughlin CBE (Associate Director of Leadership) co-presenting the session on ETF’s senior leadership programmes. The workshop titled, ‘Building a career pipeline to Principal/CEO role – a talent management system for the college sector’, will be presented alongside other institutes, including Oxford Saïd Business School.
Cerian Ayres (ETF’s Head of Technical Education) will be co-presenting a breakout session on both days. The first, Strand 1 breakout session 1.5 on 20 November, will discuss effectively embedding Teach Too principles and practice, as well as Wednesday’s Strand 3 session 3.8 on 21 November, discussing technical education workforce development support.
AoC will also be hosting a Strand 3 breakout workshop, session 3.3, on the ETF-funded programme, as one of the delivery partners, exploring innovative approaches to the outstanding teaching, learning and assessment of technical knowledge and skills. ETF’s CEO, David Russell, will co-present session 3.10 looking at the 2019 Tes FE Awards and AoC Beacon Awards.
At the college governors’ lunch reception on 21 November, the ETF’s David Russell, Evan Williams (Specialist Education Adviser) and Sir Frank McLoughlin CBE, will give a short welcome address to the governors attending the conference.
The two-day event is shaping up to be another great success examining how colleges and other organisations within the sector and beyond have driven their own transformation and adapted, sharing learning and best practice for colleges to keep up to speed with the fast-changing FE landscape.
Education and Training Foundation’s breakout sessions:
- Strand 1, session 1.5: Building Capacity Through Effective Employer Engagement: Teach Too (AoC and ETF led with Cerian Ayres co-presenting).
- Strand 2, session 2.9: Building a career pipeline to Principal/CEO role- a talent management system for the college sector (ETF-led with Sir Frank McLoughlin CBE co-presenting).
- Strand 3, session 3.3: Technical Education Workforce Development Support- Building Capacity (AoC-led).
- Strand 3, session 3.8: Towards outstanding teaching, learning and assessment in technical education. (ETF led with Cerian Ayres co-presenting).
- Strand 3, session 3.10: Celebrating success: the Tes FE Awards and AoC Beacon Awards (Tes and AoC Charitable Trust led with David Russell co-presenting).
Registration to attend the conference has now closed. However, if you would like to attend, you will be able to register at the event itself.