Experts from the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) will be speaking at The EdTech Summit – a new education technology (EdTech) event taking place on 18 and 19 November.
This two-day virtual summit will include a range of themes, topics and speakers designed to help educational institutions align their digital strategies with their teaching and learning strategy. It will be run alongside the bi-annual Schools & Academies Show, the UK’s largest education policy event organised by GovNet.
With the use of EdTech in schools and Further Education (FE) providers rapidly increasing, especially with Covid-19 challenges, attendees will have the opportunity to network, share their own successes and overcome shared challenges.
The summit’s agenda has been led by a steering committee of recognised leaders in the sector including the ETF’s Vikki Liogier, National Head of EdTech and Digital Skills. Vikki will be opening the virtual event on day one alongside Alessandro Bilotta, Content Lead at the EdTech Summit.
The ETF’s experts will be chairing or speaking at these sessions on the main stage:
Day one (Wednesday 18 November)
- 13:10 – 13:40: ‘Gaining Management Buy-in’ with Janet Clarke, National Head of Leadership and Governance and other speakers.
Day two (Thursday 19 November)
- 12:00 – 12:40: ‘Digital Strategies for Further Education Institutions’ session chaired by Vikki Liogier, National Head of EdTech and Digital Skills.
- 13:25 – 14:05: ‘Providing Learners with Career-ready Skills’ – a panel session with David Russell, Chief Executive Officer amongst the speakers.
- 14:15 – 14:55: ‘Empowering People with Disabilities through EdTech’ session chaired by Teresa Carroll, National Head of Inclusion.
- 15:10 – 16:00: ‘Where Do We Go from Here?’ – the EdTech Steering Committee, including Vikki Liogier, close the event.
The full two-day agenda and more details of each session can be found on the EdTech Summit website.