New data has revealed the topics of behaviour management, motivation and reflective practice, as top searches on SET’s online research library over the past six months.
The library, which features articles from more than 1,300 education journals, 530 e-books and monographs and 2,300 education-related conference papers, has seen 35,015 regular searches in the past year, almost 4,000 full-text requests and 3,000 abstract requests.
20 top search terms (30 April- 31 July, 2019).
1. Behaviour management
2. The curriculum: theory and practice
3. Curriculum in post compulsory education
4. Critical incident analysis
5. What makes a good teacher?
9. Gibbs reflective model
11. Humanistic critique of education
12. ESL teaching strategies for GCSE support
13. EAL teaching strategies for GCSE support
14. Teaching in lifelong learning
16. Curriculum models in education
18. Maslow hierarchy of needs
19. Experimental learning theory
20. Cognitive load.
Top 20 title requests (31 January - 31 July, 2019)
- Accountability: Taking Ownership of Your Responsibility (An Ideas Into Action Guidebook.
- Activate: Deeper Learning Through Movement, Talk, and Flexible Classrooms.
- Autism and Learning Differences: An Active Learning Teaching Toolkit.
- Becoming the Maths Teacher You Wish You'd Had.
- Behaviour Management: Traditional and Expanded Approaches
- Best Practice In Motivation and Management: In the Classroom
- Best Practice in Motivation and Management in the Classroom: An Integrative Approach
- CACHE Level 3 Child Care and Education (Early Years Educator)
- Curriculum: From Theory to Practice
- Developing Reflective Practice: A Guide for Beginning Teachers
- Dimensions of Expertise: A Conceptual Exploration of Vocational Knowledge
- Education Reference Guide: Educational Research & Evaluation
- The Elephant in the ADHD Room: Beating Boredom as the Secret to Managing ADHD
- Lesson Plans: The Institutional Demands of Becoming a Teacher
- Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom, 4th Edition
- Play to Learn: Everything You Need to Know About Designing Effective Learning Games
- Quality Learning: Teachers Changing Their Practice
- Student Assessment: Fast, Frequent, and Formative
- Teaching In Lifelong Learning: A Guide To Theory And Practice.
*Please log in as a SET member to access the linked versions to the top 10 ebook downloads.
If you are not currently a member of SET, join now to access the full range of member benefits. Joining is easy and only takes a few minutes.