The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) offers a wide range of professional development courses to support practitioners, leaders and managers working across the FE and skills system. SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15 per cent discount on the majority of these courses.
SET members are being invited to apply for a subsidised place on one of a range of new digital skills development courses developed by the ETF. See the table below to find out which courses are included in this offer.
Please note: There is one course place per person and an administration fee of £20.
How do I access this offer?
- Call ETF booking support on 0800 0831 830.
- Quote ‘Subsidised SET places’ and your membership number.
- Your booking will be processed and you’ll be asked to pay a £20 administration fee.
- If you have any questions specifically about the courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designed and created by the ETF, the Maths Pipeline supports teachers and trainers in a range of settings in the FE and training sector to improve the standards of teaching and learning in maths from entry levels to GCSE and beyond. It follows on from the highly successful Maths Enhancement Programme, and comprises seven different courses with supporting resources.
The English Pipeline supports teachers and trainers in a range of settings in the further education and training sector to drive up the standards of teaching and learning in English from entry levels to GCSE and beyond. The Pipeline features a differentiated programme of seven courses, supported by existing and newly developed resources.
For more on the maths and English pipelines, watch this video.
The Future Apprenticeships Support Programme helps managers, teachers, trainers, leaders and those involved in governance to deliver the new apprenticeships system. The programme consists of three strands:
- Delivering the new apprenticeship standards – through support for curriculum development and teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
- Supporting employer engagement – two-way street relationships between employers and providers.
- Supporting leaders and those involved in governance to grow apprenticeships.
The Leadership Hub is designed to be the “one place” where leaders, managers and those involved in governance can find a range of support for personal and organisational development. This includes courses on strategy and vision, organisational management, curriculum design and delivery, people and resource management, entrepreneurialism and commercialisation, and research.
Learning Technology plays a key role in excellent vocational teaching and learning and digital skills are an essential part of the occupational expertise required in any workplace. Particular care has been taken to ensure these programmes are informed by the recommendations of The Further Education Learning Technology Action Group (FELTAG), our own strategic consultation on learning technology and research conducted in the sector.