FE leaders are invited to attend the 'Leading STEM' Conference on 12 November, run in partnership with the Education and Training Foundation (ETF).
Leading STEM is a one-day conference for middle and senior leaders in Further Education, designed to help you increase the impact of your leadership in STEM.
With an impressive array of educational and industry experts alongside current practitioners and leaders, the conference will explore changes to the curriculum and wider landscape, updates on government policy and the support available through STEM Learning and the Education and Training Foundation (ETF).
Speakers include: Bill Watkin (CEO of the Sixth Form College Association), Lloyd Dean (Head of Digital and Innovative Learning, EDF Energy), John Laramy (Principal, Exeter College), Paul Cocker (HMI, National Lead for Apprenticeships) and Kevin Burke (Policy Lead - T Level Professional Readiness, Department for Education).
The London-based conference will be supported by a number of practitioners from FE colleges who will share their insight and effective practice. With a day of workshops and panel discussions, there will be lots of opportunity to network and develop your own strategy for the future.
Workshop sessions include:
- What Makes Good Careers Guidance? Practical Strategies for Addressing the STEM Skills Deficit.
- Insight Into Employment - Linking Employability Skills to the Curriculum.
- Outstanding Teaching Learning and Assessment: OTLA Technical.
- Building Capacity Through Effective Employer Engagement: Teach Too.
Participants will be able to:
- lead and develop outstanding STEM education and training for their own college, using a wide range of support from STEM Learning, the ETF and many other partner organisations
- map the STEM curriculum and careers guidance to the needs of employers, reflecting recent changes to educational policy and national priorities
- develop a strategy for the future delivery of STEM education and training, using first-hand accounts of educational leaders and employers
- network with leaders of STEM from a wide variety of FE colleges, sharing best practice and approaches to education and training.
The Postal Museum, 15-20 Phoenix Place, London WC1X 0DA. View on Google Maps.
To book your place, please visit the STEM website.