Join the Society for Education and Training (SET) Local Network Group events and meet like-minded professionals to discuss the challenges of modern teaching and learning and share excellent practice.
SET Local Network Group (LNG) events are for practitioners and professionals across the post-14 education sector.
Find out what LNG events are coming up in your area and book your place now.
Network meetings are for SET members. Non-members are allowed to attend one Local Network Group (LNG) meeting, so you are able to bring along colleagues who would like to know more about SET.
Purpose of local network groups
Through supporting members to set up and run local network groups, we aim to:
- Enable SET members to develop and maintain strong local networks.
- Promote and facilitate a positive culture for practitioner-led professional development.
- Stimulate educational research and development activities across a wide range of sectors.
- Provide a forum for practitioners to identify, celebrate and consolidate good practice and member achievements.
- Promote and share activities and achievements with the wider SET community.
- Raise awareness and contribute to the development of SET.
Practitioner research events
SET members are invited to attend upcoming, free events, that support you to meet and share knowledge with practitioner researchers from across the sector. You are encouraged to attend events like these if you are a member who has research to share, if you are conducting your own research and are looking for support, or if you are entirely new to practitioner research and are looking for ways to engage.
Upcoming Local Network Group events
Local Network Groups for 2020 are currently in planning and we will update these pages as soon as we have confirmed the details of upcoming events. Please check back regularly or follow our social media accounts to be the first to know when events launch.