Mental health has never been higher on the agenda. A recent Associate of Colleges (AoC) survey of 132 FE colleges indicated that 75 per cent felt there were significant numbers of learners with undisclosed mental health problems.
This webinar aims to support members who are working with learners and apprentices with mental health needs. It will look at how teachers and trainers can:
- Support the declaration of mental health needs and enable learners to talk about their mental health.
- Support learners with mental health needs in the classroom and in work placements.
- Get support for themselves and develop their own professional practice in supporting learners with mental health needs.
- Kathryn James: Associate, Education and Training Foundation
- Nathalie Collilns: Apprenticeship Officer, Construction Industry Training Board (CITB)