The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) is delighted to be collaborating with the Education + Training Journal on a special edition focused on education for sustainable development (ESD).
Entitled ‘Working for Change: Education for sustainable development in the further education and skills sector’, the edition will broadly focus on the following themes:
• ESD as an enabler for green jobs, decarbonisation and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
• learner experiences and outcomes of ESD
• opportunities for ESD in FE subject specialisms
• leadership, governance and change making for ESD
• effective industrial partnerships for ESD
• educator and workforce ESD competencies
• ESD in the FE policy landscape
• opportunities for ESD and the FE estate
• developing ESD organisational culture within FE providers and the sector more broadly
• case studies of effective practice that identify key frames and lesson learnt.
As part of this, the editors, including the ETF’s National Head of ESD, Charlotte Bonner, are really keen to include contributions from across the sector, especially from SET Members.
In particular, they would like contributions based on research and activity which has engaged learners, practitioners, educators and leaders in progressing ESD, from which practical lessons about successes and challenges can be learnt. They also welcome well-evidenced opinion pieces and case studies from the UK, Europe and internationally, which may inspire further ESD activity.
The deadline for submissions is 30 April 2022. To find out more or to contribute to the journal, please visit the Emerald Publishing website. Please do also feel free to share with your networks.