Eight new members have been appointed to the Society for Education and Training’s (SET) Practitioner Advisory Group (PAG) following a recent recruitment drive.
Joining the PAG are:
1. Penny Taylor FSET ATS: Lecturer, Lincoln College
2. Stephanie Janka-Spurlock FSET ATS: Dementia Education Lead / Education Facilitator, Horizon Centre
3. Penny Petch FSET QTLS: Director of Teaching, Learning and Quality, Chelmsford College
4. Martine Ellis FSET ATS: Teacher Education and Professional Development, Guernsey College
5. Jane Chillingworth MSET: Tutor and Curriculum Lead, ACL Essex
6. Helen Wood FSET ATS: Head of Staff Professional Development at Loddon School
7. Lora Scott MSET QTLS: Beauty Therapy and HR curriculums lecturer, Coventry College
8. Verity Sangan MSET, Teacher, Assessor, Quality Assurance in healthcare.
“We are thrilled to welcome our eight new SET members to the PAG. They all bring a wealth of experience and knowledge of the Further Education and Training sector to the group, which is so important when it comes to the way we make decisions and shape our strategy.
"I have already had the pleasure of connecting with many of the new members already via social media or through research and content they have had published. I am really looking forward to meeting them at the upcoming meeting later this month,” said Martin Reid, Director of SET.
The PAG is a group of professionals working across further education, vocational teaching and training who meet to share their experience, discuss their thoughts and opinions about membership. The group, made up of SET members, reports into the SET Management Board (SMB) to help shape the SET membership strategy.
The PAG meets three times a year as a group (virtually at the time being), as well as having the opportunity to join further steering groups.
Members of the group are selected as part of a recruitment process which is open to the entire membership body. To be considered as a member of PAG, SET members were asked to submit an application form. All submitted applications are anonymised and scored by a panel made up of current PAG members, with the SMB approving the panel’s recommendations.
PAG members are appointed for an initial three-year term, with the opportunity for reappointment for one further term.
If you would like to be notified when the next recruitment window opens, please email email@example.com
The Society for Education and Training (SET) is delighted to welcome the teaching staff at Barnet and Southgate College as its newest members.
Booking is now open for the autumn 2021 cohorts of the Education and Training Foundation’s (ETF’s) leadership development programmes for Chairs and Governance Professionals in the FE and Training sector.
Walsall College, based in the West Midlands, has invested in 18 of their teaching staff to undertake Advanced Teacher Status (ATS) – the largest cohort a provider has enrolled on the programme at one single time.