The Society for Education and Training (SET) is the largest professional membership organisation for teachers and trainers in the UK. SET membership makes you part of a large network of experienced teaching professionals. It offers you professional recognition, unlocks your career potential and helps you to become the best teacher or trainer you can be.
New benefits 2017-18
- Collaborate with other members via face-to-face networks and online forums to help develop you in your professional career and support others in their own development.
- From April 2017, SET will offer a new, high-quality video-based e-learning course as an Introduction to Mentoring.
- The launch of a new mentoring service, Introduction to Mentoring Programme, to enable members to support each other through common areas of expertise.
- Deepen your teaching expertise by engaging with the latest research. As a member you will gain exclusive online library access to articles from more than 1,300 education journals, 530 e-books and monographs and 2,300 education-related conference papers.
- Learn how to develop your employability and management skills by using our specially-curated selection of articles on teaching leadership and personal development.
- Support your progression through the Professional Standards (either as part of QTLS or independently) by using our Research Map, guiding you through key research articles and summaries for each of the 20 standards.
Be recognised for your status as a teacher or trainer
- Become a member of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the UK.
- Use the SET designation and digital pin in your signature, CV and business cards.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge to colleagues by gaining QTLS status.
- Be listed in the Professional Register after gaining QTLS.
- Demonstrate your commitment to excellent teaching and continuous professional development.
Advance your career - gain QTLS status
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is the badge of professionalism for teachers and trainers in the UK.
Be the best teacher you can be
SET offers you access to hundreds of CPD opportunities and inspires you to continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
Stand out from the crowd – get the job
- SET can help you make the next step in your career.
- Get practical advice about getting your ideal job in teaching and training.
- Support in transitioning to different roles, subjects and areas of the sector.
- Career advice at every stage of your career.
- Get free confidential legal advice through Law Express when you need it.