The Society for Education and Training (SET) is the largest professional membership organisation for teachers and trainers in the UK. SET membership makes you part of a large network of experienced teaching professionals. It offers you professional recognition, unlocks your career potential and helps you to become the best teacher or trainer you can be.
Discounted membership fee (from 1 October 2017)
SET is offering members joining after 1 October a discounted rate of a third off our usual membership prices. This means that you will only have to pay £46.83 instead of the usual £69.90. You can also save a further 10 per cent if you pay by direct debit, making it £42.21.
Please note that the discounted rates shown cannot be used in conjunction with the concessionary rates also offered by SET. Find out more about rates by visiting the subscriptions page.
New benefits 2017-18
- Deepen your teaching expertise by engaging with the latest research. As a member you will gain exclusive online library access to articles from more than 1,300 education journals, 530 e-books and monographs and 2,300 education-related conference papers.
- Learn how to develop your employability and management skills by using our specially-curated selection of articles on teaching leadership and personal development.
- Support your progression through the Professional Standards (either as part of QTLS or independently) by using our Research Map, guiding you through key research articles and summaries for each of the 20 standards.
Be recognised for your status as a teacher or trainer
- Become a member of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the UK.
- Use the SET designation and digital pin in your signature, CV and business cards.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge to colleagues by gaining QTLS status.
- Be listed in the Professional Register after gaining QTLS.
- Demonstrate your commitment to excellent teaching and continuous professional development.
Advance your career - gain QTLS status
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is the badge of professionalism for teachers and trainers in the UK.
Be the best teacher you can be
SET offers you access to hundreds of CPD opportunities and inspires you to continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
Stand out from the crowd – get the job
- SET can help you make the next step in your career.
- Get practical advice about getting your ideal job in teaching and training.
- Support in transitioning to different roles, subjects and areas of the sector.
- Career advice at every stage of your career.
- Get free confidential legal advice through Law Express when you need it.
Want to find out more about SET membership?
If you'd like to know more about SET before you join there are several ways you can contact us:
- Call us on (free phone): 0800 093 9111 or (local call): 020 3092 5001
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Send us a message via our Facebook page.
- Use our live webchat service which operates from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and will appear on the right-hand side of the page during working hours. As this service is very popular amongst our members, if it is unavailable please do try again later and our team will be on hand to answer your query as quickly as possible.