The Society for Education and Training (SET) is the largest professional membership organisation for teachers and trainers in the UK. SET membership makes you part of a large network of experienced teaching professionals. It offers you professional recognition, unlocks your career potential and helps you to become the best teacher or trainer you can be.
Be recognised for your status as a teacher or trainer
- Become a member of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the UK.
- Use the SET designation and digital pin in your signature, CV and business cards.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge to colleagues by gaining QTLS status.
- Be listed in the Professional Register after gaining QTLS.
- Demonstrate your commitment to excellent teaching and continuous professional development.
Advance your career - gain QTLS status
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is the badge of professionalism for teachers and trainers in the UK.
Be the best teacher you can be
SET offers you access to hundreds of CPD opportunities and inspires you to continuously develop your skills and knowledge
Stand out of the crowd – get the job
- SET can help you make the next step in your career.
- Get practical advice about getting your ideal job in teaching and training.
- Support in transitioning to different roles, subjects and areas of the sector.
- Career advice at every stage of your career.
- Get free confidential legal advice through Law Express when you need it.