The Society for Education and Training (SET) is the largest professional membership organisation for teachers and trainers in the UK. SET membership makes you part of a large network of experienced teaching professionals. It offers you professional recognition, unlocks your career potential and helps you to become the best teacher or trainer you can be.
Join SET now
Watch our short animation to find out more about SET.
Download the latest SET leaflet to find out more information about the benefits of becoming a SET member.
Be recognised for your status as a teacher or trainer
- Become a member of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the UK.
- Use the SET designation and digital pin in your signature, CV and business cards.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge to colleagues by gaining QTLS status.
- Be listed in the Professional Register after gaining QTLS.
- Demonstrate your commitment to excellent teaching and continuous professional development.
Advance your career - gain QTLS status
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is the badge of professionalism for teachers and trainers in the UK.
Why achieve QTLS?
Be the best teacher you can be
SET offers you access to hundreds of CPD opportunities and inspires you to continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
- Collaborate with other members via face-to-face networks and online forums to help develop you in your professional career and support others in their own development.
- The launch of a new video-based e-learning mentoring service, Introduction to Mentoring Programme, enabling members to support each other through common areas of expertise.
- The launch of a mentoring service to provide support and encouragement to SET members facing work or career decisions, opportunities or dilemmas.
Stand out from the crowd – get the job
- SET can help you make the next step in your career.
- Get practical advice about getting your ideal job in teaching and training.
- Support in transitioning to different roles, subjects and areas of the sector.
- Career advice at every stage of your career.
Want to find out more about SET membership?
If you'd like to know more about SET before you join there are several ways you can contact us
- Call us on (free phone): 0800 093 9111 or (local call): 020 3092 5001
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Send us a message via our Facebook page.
- Use our live webchat service which operates from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and will appear on the right-hand side of the page during working hours. As this service is very popular amongst our members, if it is unavailable please do try again later and our team will be on hand to answer your query as quickly as possible.