The Society for Education and Training (SET) is the largest professional membership organisation for teachers and trainers in the UK. SET membership makes you part of a large network of experienced teaching professionals. It offers you professional recognition, unlocks your career potential and helps you to become the best teacher or trainer you can be.
Get 14 months' membership for the price of 12 months*
To celebrate the New Year, SET is offering members joining after 1 January 2018 up to 15 months’ membership for the price of 12 months.
|1 February to 28 February
||14 months for the price of 12
|1 March to 31 March
||13 months for the price of 12
||Rates as shown in table below.
*This offer runs from 1 February 2018 to 28 February 2018. If you are a student taking up our free student offer from now until March 2018, you will not be eligible for the 15 months' membership offer and will need to renew at the end of March 2018. When you renew you can reapply for the free student offer if you are still on an ITE course for the forthcoming year.
Find out more about rates by visiting the subscriptions page.
New benefits 2017-18
- Collaborate with other members via face-to-face networks and online forums to help develop you in your professional career and support others in their own development.
- The launch of a new video-based e-learning mentoring service, Introduction to Mentoring Programme, enabling members to support each other through common areas of expertise.
- The launch of a mentoring service to provide support and encouragement to SET members facing work or career decisions, opportunities or dilemmas.
- Deepen your teaching expertise by engaging with the latest research. As a member you will gain exclusive online library access to articles from more than 1,300 education journals, 530 e-books and monographs and 2,300 education-related conference papers.
- Learn how to develop your employability and management skills by using our specially-curated selection of articles on teaching leadership and personal development.
- Support your progression through the Professional Standards (either as part of QTLS or independently) by using our Research Map, guiding you through key research articles and summaries for each of the 20 standards.
Be recognised for your status as a teacher or trainer
- Become a member of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the UK.
- Use the SET designation and digital pin in your signature, CV and business cards.
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge to colleagues by gaining QTLS status.
- Be listed in the Professional Register after gaining QTLS.
- Demonstrate your commitment to excellent teaching and continuous professional development.
Advance your career - gain QTLS status
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is the badge of professionalism for teachers and trainers in the UK.
Be the best teacher you can be
SET offers you access to hundreds of CPD opportunities and inspires you to continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
Stand out from the crowd – get the job
- SET can help you make the next step in your career.
- Get practical advice about getting your ideal job in teaching and training.
- Support in transitioning to different roles, subjects and areas of the sector.
- Career advice at every stage of your career.
Want to find out more about SET membership?
If you'd like to know more about SET before you join there are several ways you can contact us:
- Call us on (free phone): 0800 093 9111 or (local call): 020 3092 5001
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Send us a message via our Facebook page.
- Use our live webchat service which operates from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and will appear on the right-hand side of the page during working hours. As this service is very popular amongst our members, if it is unavailable please do try again later and our team will be on hand to answer your query as quickly as possible.